CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Any Dream Will Do

So my title just happens to be the song I'm listening to. It's been quite a while since I wrote. I had meant to several times but just didn't get around to it. A lot has happened since then, I went to General Conference (way way cool), attended another BYU game (they won and it was homecoming!!), got my patriarchal blessing (also cool), and went to Las Vegas (my least favorite of these events). I don't really know what to say about General Conference other than it was so incredible to be there. I never imagined I'd get to go to one in person it was so cool! And it was fun to hang out with some of Loren's family as the guys went to the Priesthood session. The next weekend I think was homecoming and that's when we went to the game. Honestly I didn't expect BYU to win because well if we're being honest they've been pretty terrible this year. But they pulled off the win so it was exciting!! I would write more about these things, but really it's been a while I can't remember a lot. So sorry. And I'm trying to make this not forever long.

So I finally got my patriarchal blessing. I go to the patriarchs house and he talks to Loren and I first, then talks to me alone. He was such a sweet guy and he asked me to tell him my testimony and when I got done he just said wow I'm so glad I got to hear that it was very impressive. He kept telling me Loren and I look like a nice good couple which made me laugh inside each time. But so he gives me my blessing and it was so awesome. I've told Loren before I hate blessing and being set apart and what not because I always shake a lot when they put their hands on me. I'm always afraid they can feel me shaking and think it's weird. With my patriarchal blessing I didn't shake at all. It was just so calm and peaceful through it all. It was all good but probably my favorite part was when it talked about motherhood :) For those who know me well know that my ultimate goal is to be a stay at home mom. I want to have lots of children and just stay with them and take care of them and make sure they're being raised in a loving environment knowing they're children of God and having a love for him. But also to know their parents love them regardless of anything. Well in my blessing it said I will be blessed with motherhood and love it. I will raise a family in the gospel and God will send me some of his strongest because he's confident in my abilities as a mother. When I heard that I wanted to cry. At first I was a little taken a back because it said I will be sent the strongest and in my opinion I think how can I do that? I don't think I'm strong enough to take them on, but all through out the blessing it kept repeating how Heavenly Father is pleased with me in my willingness to do whatever he asks of me.

I'm glad I got it at this age. I know a lot of people like to get it at a younger age, but I feel like this was the perfect timing for me. I don't think at any other age I would have really understood or appreciate it. The day before we left for Vegas I got my blessing in the mail so I could read it. (Oh yeah mom I've been meaning to read it to you, but every time I talk to you on the phone I forget). So this weekend we went to Las Vegas. Loren's cousin Matt was giving his homecoming talk. He got back a couple of weeks ago (just in time for conference actually) from El Salvador. So on Saturday we get to Vegas and walk down the strip. Now that I've done it that's all I can say is I walked down the strip. I have no desire to ever go back there though. It was pretty awful (well with the exception of some things). I liked the Coke and M&M places, and the fountains in front of the Bellagio was awesome. However it's definitely not a place to be after around 6, when it starts to get dark. I saw some things I wish I had never seen. I also think I wasn't enjoying it because I was running on 3 hours of sleep, riding in a car for 5 hours, and I felt like I was going to die. Needless to say when I got to bed that night I couldn't have been more thrilled. Best night of sleep ever!! Then the next day Matt gave his talk and he did an amazing job!! It was really one of the best talks I've ever heard. However I never imagined I'd be more thankful to be back in Utah.

Now we're back and things are getting to normal again. Oh and just throwing it out there I didn't get a job at the Marriott, bummer but my wonderful mother has been giving me some things to do for their office and has given me money for it. I'll take it for now. Alright that's all :)

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah on your patriarchal blessing! I got mine when I was 19 and that is exactly when I was ready to get it. Read it over and over again. You'll be amazed how it will mean different things to you at different times in your life. Thanks for the update!