CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 28, 2011

5/7 Months.

I officially have 5 months until I get married. I'm not sure if I ever explained why Loren and I chose July 30th, it wasn't a random day. Really we wanted to get married on July 29th, but Loren's dad is going to be flying back from South/North (I can't remember which one) Dakota that day. We wanted to make sure he had time to get back to Texas and at least rest a little, that way he'd be able to fully enjoy our wedding. Last year Loren and I started dating on July 29th, although it wasn't facebook official til 2 weeks later, and a couple of days before we left for Utah. Because of this we thought it would be fun to get married exactly a year after we started dating. Also Loren kind of has a not so great memory, well depending on what it is, so I thought it'd be easier for him to remember this date since he already knew it. In reality I'm just helping him out :) However it makes planning for the wedding easy. At the end of each month I think oh it's be *insert number* months, and I also only have *insert number* months before we're married! Which is why my title says 5/7 months. We have 5 months until we're married, which I'm beginning to think was a big mistake. I feel like it's going to take forever!! And we've been dating for 7 months.This next part is where I talk about Loren.If you don't want to hear about how amazing he is then you can finish reading here.

We've officially made it past the 6 months mark. It went by fast, but at the same time I feel like we've been together forever. However I'm definitely not complaining about that. Some of my favorite moments throughout the week are when we just sit in front of the TV and watch a show. I love that Loren and I don't have to do anything extravagant in order to be happy. I love that Loren does everything he can to make me feel better. I'm probably the most emotional person you will ever meet. The tiniest thing will make me cry, even if people are joking and I know they're joking I still cry. I've already cried at least 3 times about wedding plans and we're still 5 months away. (Word of advice: Please be as nice as possible to me in July. I will probably be an emotional wreck!) So last night when I was crying about something that had to do with the wedding Loren just sat there and said "It'll be ok, I promise everything will work out" as he held me close. If I were him I probably would have been running away a long time ago, but I'm glad he didn't. 

I've had people ask me lately what attracts me most to Loren, why I want to marry him. Every time they ask it's such an easy answer, his testimony. I know it sounds like a typical church answer, but for me it's so true. After our first date we talked about the church for a long time (probably because we went to Institute right after our first date). As I sat there I was blown away by him, I was like wow this guy knows his stuff. One of my favorite things about him is when we read the scriptures together he can always tell me the background story to what's going on.In my marriage class my teacher is always saying how the most important thing to look for in a person you're dating is whether or not they'll be a good parent for your kids. Because of Loren's testimony immediately I said yeah he's going to be a great father someday. He's going to be able to teach his children so many things about the gospel. I still believe that, but for more reasons than one now. I know I say this every month, but I just want to get the point across. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father placed Loren in my life. What was completely unexpected for the both of us has turned into the greatest blessing I've ever received. I can't wait to get married to Loren, mainly because I can't wait to begin the rest of our lives together. I guess that'll be enough for this time.





      

1 comments:

Daphna said...

I'm a sensitive soul too. :)
You make me so excited when it's my turn! Haha.