CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Amazing Weekend!

So, last week was a looong week. Loren got back on Monday which was super exciting. I was so happy to see him, however we didn't get to spend that much time together because he had to go into work. Boo on work, well not really because work means money which is always nice. Then the next day he had to go back to school and it just wasn't his week at all. He was getting really stressed out and frustrated and I felt super bad because when he's upset it makes me upset. So on Wednesday I wanted to make his day better. While he was at work I went out and got some ingredients and made him his favorite cookies! White chocolate chip macadamia nut! I also wrote him a little poem that I knew only he would laugh at. So I went into his apartment about 20 minutes before he'd get home and his roommate Joe was on the couch. I said Joe I'm leaving my computer here (Loren needed it to do homework) and left the cookies on top of the computer with the poem, then told Joe not to eat the cookies. So I get a call from Loren after he got off and he asked if I could come down and see him and I said well I know you need to do homework and I don't want you to have to stay up any longer than necessary. He said you're right ok I'll go in. About 10 minutes later I get a text from him saying oh my goodness I love you soo much. Then I did meet him in the courtyard and he just gave me a big hug and told me thank you and how it made his day. I was glad to see him a lot happier than before. Hopefully we'll have a lot more little moments like that :)

Then this weekend Loren decided to surprise me. He took me out to Salt Lake City because he knew I had never been there and I'd been wanting to go see the temple while there. It was absolutely gorgeous!! It helps it was at night time so it was all lit up. We went into the North Visitors Center where the Christus is. As I was sitting there and I look back and see the temple behind me Loren asked what I was thinking about and I just started crying. It was totally unexpected but I had such an overwhelming feeling. Just the peace that I had while there was incredible and the spirit was so strong. I loved it! All I could think about was how amazing a temple marriage really is and all the blessings that come in store with it. Being there I couldn't help but to know that the church is true and how grateful I am to be a part of it and to have the gospel in my life. So we just walked around it and I loved every second of being out there. We've made plans to go again on Saturday to spend more time and really look at everything.

The next day was Regional Stake Conference. Now I'm used to a Stake Conference where generally your Stake President or someone like that speaks, but I'm in Utah now so I get the big time people to listen to lol. We went to the Marriott Center and I don't think I've ever seen so many Mormons in my life haha. But seriously it was packed!! But with good reason, we had 4 INCREDIBLE speakers there. Sister Beck, Elder Snow, Elder Holland, and President Packer. This was soo exciting for me, I've never see an apostle in person before much less be only about 11 rows behind him!! All of the leaders gave such amazing talks and President Packer is so adorable and funny. He was telling a story and he just stopped and started laughing. It was hilarious and cute. Later that night there was a CES Fireside where Elder Scott spoke and he did a great job as well. I'm so glad to be out in Utah right now, it's been such an incredible experience. Hopefully it'll continue being as awesome as it's been so far! Ok that's all for now, we'll see when the next time I update will be. Maybe by then I'll have more people actually reading this. Who knows. Laters!

0 comments: