CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fun, Football, and Family History.

So before the weekend could start I went in to get my temple recommend and patriarchal blessing interview. Now I did the blessing interview in high school, I just never called to actually set it up. That was 2 years ago and I needed to redo it. When I was in there I also got a calling. However since you're not supposed to really talk about them til you're sustained I'll save that for Sunday :)

Saturday we had a ward activity and we tie dyed shirts! It was a lot of fun and I'm very proud of mine :)





Isn't it super cute? I think so!
Then Loren and I went to the BYU vs. Nevada football game. So the game itself was pretty lame. BYU lost (sad day) the band wasn't that good (Loren claims they were better when he was in it) and the cheerleaders were awful. Now you may think it's funny I include the last but about the cheerleaders but it's a real problem for me. I went to University of Kentucky for 2 years where cheerleading is serious business. The UK cheerleaders are 18 time National Champions. No other cheerleading squad even comes close to that number. They've won the title for like the past 5 years in a row. They're just incredible. So maybe I was spoiled at UK with the quality of cheerleaders but I think if you're going to be on a college cheerleading squad you should have at least more than one girl who can do a full twist, and you should be also to do more tosses than just a basket toss. Just throwing that out there. Anyway but I had a lot of fun spending time with Loren.


Finally Sunday. I actually had forgotten that they were going to sustain me until Brother Taggert gets up and says now we have some callings we need to sustain. They go through the list. Loren is sustained at the Co- Chair of the Public Relations committee (how convenient that he's getting a new computer this week right? hehe). Then he finishes his list and I hadn't been called. He said if there's anyone I've missed don't be afraid to tell me. You see the one hand in the very back go up and he looks at me and he was like Maggie what's your last name again and I said Hoffpauir and he said "Oh dang. We have called Maggie Hoffpauir to be a member of the Family History Committee. All those who can sustain...." blah blah blah you know the rest :) But everyone laughed, raise their hands, and I sit down. Later on when I was being set apart he told me thanks for reminding me I'm sorry I forgot. So yeah I'm on the family history committee. I was shocked to find out I was actually requested by the chair of the committee to be on there. I feel like I tell a lot of people who I am but they don't necessarily always remember me, but Rachel told me she had submitted my name to be on her committee. Maybe I made a better impression on her than I thought. Anyway I'm really excited about this calling. I'm already having so much fun. Not only do I get to work a ton on my family I get to help everyone else do it. In November we're doing a big temple trip and we want everyone to bring in their own names for baptisms. There's 3 in the committee and an indexer. We met yesterday and we're all really excited. I love our committee they're all awesome people and I'm so excited to start working with the ward and hopefully have everyone bring their own names!! That's all I really have for now, but I'd encourage everyone to do family history. It is so much fun and cool to see who you're related to, where they lived, and you  get a better connection to your family this way :) So there's my plug for my calling yay! Here's a picture of Loren and I from the game!



0 comments: