CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 6, 2010

Excitement, Sadness, and Progress.

Ok so I will go in order of my title.

1. EXCITEMENT!!

Excitement for the day is Loren gets back from Texas today and I couldn't be more thrilled. Yes I may be a little lame we were only gone from each other for a weekend but still I'm super duper excited!! He's actually on his way back from Salt Lake to Provo right now so he should be here in the next 20 minutes or so. I'm starting to get really impatient and just ready for him to be here.

2. sadness :(

So with the arrival of Loren means the departure of his cousin Jenna :( Super duper sad. Jenna came and spent the weekend with me to keep me company. I'm so glad she did so. I had so much fun with her this weekend just talking and getting to know her and have a better insight to Loren's family. We also went to Seven Peaks Water park on Saturday and then went to church yesterday and also joined in on my roommates Dessert Party then went to a Sundae party in another apartment in the complex. Mainly we just hung around the apartment, I fed her lots of food, and we got to know each other. I pretty much love her now and am super sad to see her leave. Jenna is crazy cool and such a sweet person, I hope she comes back again and often to hang out with me (and Loren I guess). So that's my sadness for the day.

3. Progress
So I've been on a job hunt and at this point I'll take anything. There is a Taco Bell that's literally less than a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Last week my mom had an 'in' for this place. A friend of hers from high school has a son who works at the one in Spanish Fork but he knew they were hiring at this one. His mom told me to go in and tell them Justin referred me to this place. Now I have an anxiety of starting a conversation with people... well at least with asking questions. I know this is odd because those of you who know me know that I love to talk, but I promise this is a true weird fear of mine.  Anyway I've been praying that I will have the strength to go in and ask about jobs. So Jenna decided she wanted Taco Bell for lunch so I made the decision I would ask. I order my food then asked if they were still hiring. The guy said oh yeah we are and I said well Justin referred me from Spanish Fork and he goes oh yeah I know him I just transferred from there to here. I'm his friend. Then he continues to tells me he's the new head manager there at this Taco Bell (meaning he's in charge of hiring). So he told me to bring in a resume any day this week he's working all week. So my connection just may work. I'm planning on going in either tomorrow or Wednesday, we'll see. But I'm super duper excited on this progress. So hopefully I'll have a job within this next week and can start making my own money :)

I'm pretty sure this is all for now and I wasted enough time that Loren should be here in like 10 minutes... scratch that now. He just called me so yay!!! That's all :))



Jenna and I at Dessert Night :)

0 comments: