CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mumsies!

So today is my mom's birthday!! Yaay for her!! I wish I could be there with her, so instead I'll just write on here some of my favorite things about her. I love my mom oh so very much. I may be a little bias but I think she's the best mom in the world. From the time I was really little when my dad would go to the fire station I'd stay in my parents room and sleep with her in their bed. I still do this every time I'm home. We like to call it Maggie Mommy time and I rather enjoy that time. We'd sit there and watch Lifetime movies, and eat ice cream, make midnight runs to Sonic, massage each others feet, and I'd give her the privilege of playing with my hair :) I always like being right next to her no matter where we are. She always said I was too attached to her. However I really love her just for being my mom. I love her for raising me the best way she could and always being there for me. Even though I may not have always shown or expressed this I have appreciated all that she did and still does for me. One of my favorite songs is The Best Day by Taylor Swift. I sing it all the time and imagine I'm singing it to my mom (well I change a couple of words to make it applicable) so I think it's only fair to post the lyrics. If you click on The Best Day it will take you to a video so you can hear the song. Here are the lyrics:

I'm five years old, it's getting cold, I've got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you, I run and run
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides, look now, the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today

I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop 'til I've forgotten all their names

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today

I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother, inside and out, he's better than I am
I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run
And I had the best days with you

There is a video I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
It's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
And Daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world

And now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today


So  Happy Birthday Mumsies! I hope it's a great one!!!

1 comments:

Mom said...

How can I not comment on this?? I love you. Maggie. You have been my sidekick for so many years and I miss that a lot, but it makes me so happy to see your testimony grow and your relationship with Loren grow. Always stay close to the gospel. That is the secret to true happiness.